A company’s benefits package is one of the first things potential employees consider when either searching for work or accepting a job offer. Company benefits are there to help give employees a satisfying work-life balance, and as times change, these benefits may need to be reevaluated to ensure that vital needs are covered.
For instance, many employees currently struggle with working full time while caring for an aging loved one and trying to manage their own lives and families. This can lead to stress, illness, and absences from work, costing the company thousands of dollars each year. Adding an eldercare program to your benefits package can save your company time and money, as well as give your employees a necessary incentive.
If you own or manage a company, ask yourself the following questions to determine if an eldercare program would be beneficial for your company:
- Do you have employees who arrive late or leave early to deal with family caregiving issues?
- Is your company experiencing employee absenteeism and workday disruptions that hurt productivity due to family caregiving issues?
- Are your employees taking unpaid leaves of absence or using personal or sick days to provide care to family members?
- Have any of your employees refused relocation or work-related travel because they had to care for a family member?
- Have you lost any employees who have had to quit work to care for family members full time?
If you answered yes to these questions, look into working with a respected community eldercare program, like the one Visiting Angels of the San Francisco Bay area offers. If you are a business in the Alameda or Santa Clara County area, contact us at (510) 284-0000 or (408) 735-0977 to find out more.