For seniors who prefer to remain at home as they age – and, who doesn’t? – in-home care serves as a lifeline, providing assistance with activities that become difficult with aging and allowing for comfort, security and independence. But what happens when a senior struggles with a chronic disease, such as kidney disease?
Not only is home care for seniors possible for those with kidney disease, but it’s preferred. Consider some of these ways that a professional in-home caregiving team, such as Visiting Angels provides, can assist those at risk for or diagnosed with kidney disease:
- Providing education on kidney disease management. Caregivers work closely with the client’s doctor to ensure the client is well-versed on his or her condition and how to manage it.
- Assisting with medication reminders. Adhering to a medication plan is vital for optimal health. In-home caregivers can provide reminders so that each medication is taken in the right amount at the right time.
- Providing reminders and an escort for doctors’ appointments.
- Helping clients avoid hospital readmissions by recognizing and reporting the first signs of complications, and helping the clients seek immediate treatment.
- Preparing healthy, nutritious and diet-specific meals. Caregivers work with physicians and nutritionists to ensure meals meet the specific requirements for each client’s condition.
To learn more about how our trusted California senior care services can help your senior loved one not just survive but thrive through in-home care, call us at 408-735-0977 in Sunnyvale, or 510-284-0000 in Fremont.
We can surround your loved one with the support and encouragement needed to stay motivated to eat healthy, maintain an exercise regimen, and comply with doctors’ orders for medications, appointments, treatments, and surgical procedures as needed.